Ingrown Nails are a common condition in which the corner or side of a toenail grows into the soft flesh. The result is pain, redness, swelling and, sometimes, an infection. Ingrown toenails usually affect your big toe.
If you have diabetes or another condition that causes poor blood flow to your feet, you’re at greater risk of complications of ingrown toenails.
Request an Appointment for more info
Nail Fungus is a common condition that begins as a white or yellow spot under the tip of your fingernail or toenail. As the fungal infection goes deeper, nail fungus may cause your nail to discolor, thicken and crumble at the edge. It can affect several nails.
Nail fungus is also called onychomycosis (on-ih-koh-my-KOH-sis). When fungus infects the areas between your toes and the skin of your feet, it’s called athlete’s foot (tinea pedis).
Thick Nails also known as Onychauxis is a nail disorder that causes fingernails or toenails to grow abnormally thick. Over time, the nails may become curled and turn white or yellow.
This thickening of the nail may force the nail plate (the part you paint with nail polish) to separate from the nail bed. Though toenail fungus can cause similar symptoms, onychauxis isn’t caused by a fungus. However, your risk for developing a fungal infection increasesTrusted Source if you have this nail disorder.
Onychauxis, which is sometimes called hypertrophy of the nail, is more common in older adults. The older you get, the more likely you are to experience this condition.
- All instruments are sterilized with an approved sterilization equipment and protocols with infection prevention and control protocols in place
- Clients relax in a Cleanspa Pipeless Technology Pedicure Chair which is disinfected between all clients. This luxury spa chair features a client controlled rolling massage which is to be used at the client’s discretion
- Feet and nails assessed
- A luxurious foot spa bath with premium natural products and dead sea salts, with an exfoliating rub using our signature salt scrub, which softens the skin and removes impurities
- Feet and ankles dried with a clean towel
- All nails trimmed and filed, calluses and corns reduced as required. At the discretion of the practitioner, an extra charge may be issued if more time is needed complete a thorough treatment. This will be discussed with the client before the treatment commences.
- Premium foot cream applied to feet and ankles
- Advice given regarding other treatments or assessments as needed
- Whirlpool bath high level disinfected